This dish was a bit of a lucky find in all honesty.. I chucked a few ingredients/spices together and it happened to turn out delicious! It’s such an easy and simple dish to make I thought I’d share it with you to give you some ideas for next week’s lunch prep. This will serve 2 however it can easily be adapted to serve more/less.
You will need:
- 1 packet of Heck chicken sausages
- 2-300g Kale
- 1/2 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 bag of microwave basmati rice
- 1 onion
- Spices – Turmeric & Chives
- Pour some oil in a frying pan (I used frylight BBQ spray to give it a smokier flavour)
- Chop up your chicken sausages and onion and chuck them into the pan
- After 5 minutes add both the turmeric and chives and then throw in the Kale
- Let it all simmer and cook through; then add the chopped tomatoes and stir through (This acts as the sauce)
- Finally, you can either add the basmati rice to the pan and stir through or stick it in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Calories – 412
- Protein – 39
- Carbohydrates – 45
- Fat – 8
This dish will take no longer than 15-20 minutes really so is perfect even if you are short of time; get it prepped Sunday evening and set yourself up for the week nicely! It was also so nice that I forgot to take a picture of it actually on my plate!
Be sure to check out my Instagram (@sustainable_nutrition) for more recipes & workouts. I’ll also be doing a 6 week new year challenge soon over on my facebook page so be sure to check that out!