Porridge oats are an excellent option for breakfast, or anytime of the day! Oats are a form of complex carbohydrates so they are going to keep you fuller for longer and set you up for the day ahead. With the extra protein from the whey they are also perfect post workout! They are also very low in saturated fats and high in dietary fibre too. Below is a recent recipe I made which taste amazing! You can of course adapt this to suit your personal macro-nutrients.
You will need:
- 80g oats
- 1 fresh Bursa Fig
- 80g Frozen summer berries
- 1 scoop of maple syrup whey protein
- 5g Chia and flax seed mix
- 5g honey
- Pour the oats into a bowl and pour boiling water over them and mix well (The amount of water will depend on how you prefer the consistency of your porridge)
- Add the scoop of maple syrup protein powder and mix well
- Slice the fig and place on top of the oats
- Add the frozen berries
- Sprinkle the chia and flax seed mix over the top and then drizzle with honey!
- Calories – 394
- Protein 29g
- Carbohydrates 47g
- Fats 8g
This is a simple dish that you can really experiment with. You can change the flavour of the protein powder, add in different fruits and can even top with things such as peanut butter or dark chocolate if you were looking to increase the fat content! If you are craving something chocolatey then use chocolate protein powder & 1-2 squares of dark chocolate to satisfy the cravings!
Give these a go and tag me in any posts if you experiment with different fruits & flavours!
Very soon I will also be releasing either:
- A simple breakfast pack
- A quick & easy lunch prep pack
This will be completely FREE to download so let me know which one you would prefer to see and look out for it in the coming weeks! Just comment below with your referred option.
Don’t forget to follow me on instagram for more recipes and workouts! @Sustainable_Nutrition